Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So here I go blogging again, (after a long pause at the starting gate) partly to overcome a fear that I have about letting the world see who I am, but mainly to sort out in my own head what I believe. For almost 40 years now I have been fascinated by all things spiritual, at first trying to decide or discover if there really is a God, which led, for most of those years to trying to figure out what IT was and what was my relationship to IT. I can now say that I understand some things better than I did before and whether or not anyone else finds it interesting or not, remains to be seen. The main point is that I can no longer afford to be afraid that people might judge me or draw inaccurate conclusions about me from what I write. Plus I can’t help but see people struggling with their lives and on the chance that someone might find any of this helpful, than I must put it out there. But mainly it’s for me to talk about what I’ve learned about my life and get over my fear of bareing it to the world.

At the heart of the problem as I see it is this issue of separation; people feeling separate from what they want or from who they want to be. Wise men through the ages have tried to convince us that we are not REALLY separate from the Source of everything that we need. It's the "grand illusion". But if we feel separate, which most of us do, than that idea doesn’t do us much good, does it. What to do?

2 comments:

Peggy R said...

Welcome back Rick! I've been following Kim's blog for a long time and am delighted to read about your return to blogging. I think we've all experienced what Mitzi said about connecting with people and how their manner of expressing their thoughts touches us. Sometimes it's the speaker, or the message, often the timing is just right, and our hearts are just open enough to hear. I look forward to reading your posts.

namaste~

Anonymous said...

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.
Galileo

So, it will be good to see how the birdseed sprouts :0). Norine