Friday, July 18, 2014

Worrying


Here’s an exercise .

Imagine for a moment your life without worry. Just for a moment, look at everything that you have, everything you are doing, your plans for the next few days, weeks, month, but look at it without the element of worry in it. Don’t worry about money or security or whatever you worry about. Just look at your life at this moment with only the worrying removed.

How does it look? Oh, and by the way, don’t worry about not worrying, you can reintroduce worrying back into your picture in a moment. But for right now, just a few minutes, think about your life as if there was nothing to worry about.

How does it look? How do you feel?

When I do this, I realize how good I have been at creating a very nice life for myself. I get to meditate a lot during the day; we have a nice apartment in a cool neighborhood, in a very cool city. We go for a long walk everyday with the dogs down to the waterfront, sometimes stopping to have a drink overlooking the marina. We eat out a lot because Kim is blogging about Vegan food in Portland. We have plans for traveling to visit family in the next month and more.

Now comes the amazing part. I have been able to manifest all of this very cool life… all the while worrying about it at the same time.

Now I wonder what would happen if I didn’t waste so much time worrying and spent more time creating. How much more productive could I be without worry taking up so much of my time? Worrying doesn’t seem to be particularly destructive or dangerous; it just takes up so much valuable creative time. How much more wonderful stuff would be happening in my life if I didn’t waste ANY time worrying?

No comments: