Monday, September 17, 2007

Is It True?

I imagine that some people wonder if everything I write on this blog is true. Like when an amazing card comes up with the Tarot, did I really pick that card or did I look through the deck to find the perfect card for that situation. If you understand where I'm coming from at all, I think you have to believe that these truly synchronistic events really happen, or what's the point. I do believe that "the truth shall set you free". HOWEVER, the little bird sitting on my hand in the picture above, did not just fly down and land on my hand to sing me a happy tune. We have these large windows on the south side of our house and birds are always flying into them. Most of the time they just shake it off and fly away. But sometimes they fall to the ground unable to fly, and because we have a dog and cats, I rush out to see if they are alright. This little guy in the picture took longer than usual to remember who he was so I got to check him out pretty closely. My favorite of all time, was a hummingbird that sat in my hand with his wings outstretched. They were so delicate that you could see right through them. We've tried to hang ribbons in front of the windows but that only helps a little bit. If anyone has any great tips for warning birds off your windows, please drop me a note. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

we had a glassed-in porch which was our favoritie place in my parents house, overlooking the long yard down to the marsh, with a tree up close and a bird feeder. My parents had birds flying into the window. People would bring them hanging things...
nice things, like hanging balls and big flat pressed glass things. They were not ugly things..and they helped a bit. They were hung INSIDE the windows.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Thanks Rick! <--I wrote this on my blg too...

Hah re: So. Co. --they could use some ribbons--why not!

I look forward to your blogs!