Thursday, October 18, 2007

Latest Reading

A good friend of mine gave me a couple of Paolo Coelho's books for my birthday and I'm really enjoying them, especially "The Alchemist". The other one, "The Pilgrimage" I've had an interesting reaction to. These are both novels but they have a very strong spiritual message. When I read these kinds of books, in fact when I read almost anything, I tend to try it on to see if it "fits" with what I believe. I read "The Alchemist" first and every thing rang true to me especially the whole concept that we all have a personal "Legend" (destiny I read) which we are pursuing throughout our lives. The second book, however, I'm having a different reaction to. I found myself uncomfortable at times trying to fit the story to my life, and about two thirds of the way through it I realized what was going on. The events of the story and the challenges that the main character was going through were creating odd little discomforts in me, doubts as it turned out. I was subconsciously asking myself, should I go on a pilgrimage, should I have a guild on my journey, should I belong to a Tradition with all kinds of exercises to help me understand life better?

I feel much better having gotten that out in the open and I'm now enjoying the rest of the story. We all have our own individual path that we are on and no two of them are the same. For me I have spent my life simplifying everything so that my mind is less and less involved with with where I'm going, and my heart works on trust and love to keep me there... here. "The Pilgrimage" is a fascinating journey but I don't have to sign up. Whew!

Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know montie mount.. what did you want to know?